Lace up your shoes and join Beaubien for our most popular fundraiser—the Walk-a-thon! This year, we’ve set an ambitious goal of raising $15,000—that’s less than $14 in donations per student! The money raised will support the purchase of materials and experiences our students need to succeed, from field trips to technology in the classroom.
Four Ways to Help Make Our Walk-a-thon a Success:
1) ASAP, start asking friends and family for their support! Share the 2015 Donations Form with them and invite them to support your school.
2) By May 15, turn in a completed permission form to your child’s teacher.
3) Collect and turn in total donations (with the completed 2015 Donation Form and the Order Form) by the following dates to earn prizes:
By May 13
- $10 in total donations earns a cute Bulldog squeezable stress toy.
- $30 in total donations earns a Walk-a-thon t-shirt to wear during the event.
- $100 in total donations earns a brief message on the official Walk-a-thon t-shirt (and get a t-shirt to wear at the event!).
By May 29 (Walk-a-thon day)
- Turn in all donations. Students who submit $50 or more in donations earn one homework pass* AND will be entered in a raffle to win additional prizes like movie tickets, store gift certificates and special school experiences. *Homework passes may be used for standard assignments, not involved projects.
4) May 29, come out and cheer on the students (we can always use extra help with crowd control and the water station, too!) as they walk the sidewalks around the school. To volunteer, visit http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/3866322640118 to sign up.
- 8 to 9 a.m. Pre-K (AM), 1st and 2nd grade
- 9 to 10 a.m. 3rd through 5th grade
- 12 to 1 p.m. Kindergarten & Pre-K (PM)
- 1 to 2 p.m. 6th through 8th grade
— Special Prizes—
All Beaubien students will receive a rubber bracelet!
All three classes that raise the most money will win a pizza party AND a choice between a Pajama Day, in-class movie or an extra computer class!
The student who raises the most in donations will receive an iPad mini!