Dear Beaubien Families,
At this time, we do not have the staff present in our school to safely offer any meaningful programming for Monday, January 10, 2022. As the district continues to work with all stakeholders to find a resolution, we will be providing Independent Learning Projects. They are available for all students by clicking HERE. If you would like a hard copy of the learning packet, they will be available at door #10 on Monday, January 10, 2022 between 9am-12:00pm.
- Take home breakfast and lunch will be available outside Door #10 on Winnemac from 9am to 12pm for any community member under the age of 18 who is in need of a meal.
- The Safe Haven Sites listed here are available for childcare. Sites will be open from 8am – 3pm. Registration is available on site and a parent or guardian must be present with the child at the time of registration.
- Community-based organizations throughout the city are offering daytime programs for students. A list of programs can be found here. This list will be updated as new programs are identified. For more information about programs and how to register, please reach out to the contact or visit the website listed.
- Chicago Park District field houses will be open during normal operating hours. These facilities will be available to CPS students ages six and older. All Chicago Park District programs will take place as scheduled. For more information on park locations and hours of operation, visit chicagoparkdistrict.com.
- Chicago Public Library locations are open during normal hours (children must be accompanied by an adult and can’t be left at the library unattended). Libraries will have grab-and-go kits with activities for children to do in the library or to take home.
If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE sign up for our weekly testing once in person school resumes. We only have 30% of the student population testing weekly. We need more students to opt in to ensure the safety of all.
Sign up for testing at: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=tf-bea-609796-students
Once signed up, you are opted into weekly testing. You do not have to sign up every week. Our organization code is: 609796
I am deeply sorry about the impact that this is having on our students and families. Dr. Kotis and I want all of our students IN SCHOOL learning as soon as possible. We miss our students!
Michelle H. Ludford