Dear Beaubien Families,
A VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU for all of your support for our 7th annual Read-A-Thon!! We kicked off the week with a school wide read of The Smart Cookie by Jory John and Pete Oswald. The book is all about how there are difficult moments in our lives but with time, we can learn, grow and succeed. If you haven’t already, check it out, it is sure to become a classic. 🙂
IAR- Illinois Assessment of Readiness Exam-
Our 3rd-8th grade students take federally required assessments every spring. These assessments help us understand how our students are growing academically, compared to their peers across the state. The state uses this information to provide more support and resources to the schools in the greatest need. The IAR assesses students on grade appropriate content aligned to Common Core standards and the Illinois Learning Standards in both ELA and Math. Both the ELA and Math sections include both multiple choice and constructed answers.
The IAR is scheduled from March 20-31 with makes up after Spring Break. A final schedule will be released by all homeroom teachers so that everyone is aware of the exact dates and times their child is testing.
You can help your child do his/her best on the assessment by:
- Making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on the days of his/her scheduled assessment.
- Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing.
- Providing breakfast on the morning of testing. We will also continue to offer breakfast at school.
- Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he/she does not understand the test directions.
- Letting your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability to do his/her best.
- Advising your child not to worry about the assessment. Just do the best he/she can.
For more information on the IAR, please click HERE
It is with great pride that I inform you that our own Dr. Kotis has been offered the contract to be the next Principal of Gray Elementary school. Although he will be dearly missed, I am thrilled for him and this next chapter in his career. He has been an exemplary Assistant Principal at Beaubien and is ready for this wonderful opportunity. Thank you to everyone who made his last day at Beaubien so special. A special shout out to the Edens family for putting together a fantastic car parade.
Michelle H. Ludford