WELCOME BACK Beaubien Bulldogs!!!
Dear Beaubien Families,
It has been a busy first week back for our students and staff alike! It was a week of smiles, high fives, community building, and FUN! Our students were present and ready to learn, thanks to you. Our Beaubien Team is looking forward to a year of Academic Progress while creating a positive and safe learning environment for all!
Thank you for your partnership!
Michelle Ludford, Principal
URGENT/ACTION REQUIRED – Please return school forms by Friday, September 2, 2022. You received a booklet with the forms, but I am also sharing them electronically – English | Spanish. We NEED pages 5, 25, 27, 29, and 31 by Friday, September 2, 2022. Please help us gather these important documents to keep our students safe and to secure future funding for our school. Again, thank you for helping us gather this important information.
Review Parent and Student Handbook –HERE |
Our Goal is 96% attendance. Thank you for getting your student(s) to school each day. If your child has an eye, dental, or doctor’s appointment and they are not sick, please send them to school for a portion of the day. We need all of the instruction time that we can get with our students. Thank you.
Just a reminder that school starts at 7:45 a.m. NOT 8:00 a.m. All students are expected to be in their classrooms at that time. Please adjust your morning schedule to make sure your child is at school on time.
Early dismissal – We DO NOT honor early dismissal after 2:30pm. The end of the day is very busy and to ensure safety and a smooth dismissal process, we will ask parents to wait. If you have an emergency, please arrange with the office in advance. Impromptu early dismissals after 2:30pm will not be allowed.
COVID-19 Reminders- Here’s what families and staff should know about COVID-19 procedures:
- To report a positive student and staff COVID-19 test result, please use this link.
- Any person who tests positive for COVID-19 must isolate for 5 days. If there are no symptoms after this period, the person may return to school and will be required to wear a mask on days 6 – 10.
- Students or staff who are exposed to COVID-19 NO LONGER need to learn or work from home, no matter their vaccination status.If a student in an elementary school classroom tests positive for COVID-19, the entire class will be required to wear masks for 10 days, but all students will be allowed to remain in school.
- Students who are exposed to COVID-19 at school will be strongly encouraged to test on the Monday and Thursday after exposure. Free at-home tests will be provided to these students.
- All unvaccinated students are strongly encouraged to sign up for weekly in-school surveillance testing. Parents can complete the required consent form here, and that consent will remain in place until students leave CPS. Testing starts at Beaubien this week.
The best way to stay protected from COVID-19 is to be vaccinated and boosted. CPS is continuing to offer regular vaccination opportunities through our regional health clinics and mobile vaccine events. For more information and to make an appointment, visit cps.edu/vaccinations.