January 8, 2023
Dear Beaubien Families,
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break with their family. It was a nice amount of time to relax as well as getting things done at home!! I don’t know about you but I am ready for my three boys to be back in school! We have had a great five months of the school year and are looking forward to the rest of the year.
A new year always gives us the opportunity to reflect upon what we have done well and what we can do better. I would be remiss if I didn’t include my annual New Year challenge to our families to ensure our children’s success.
- Make sure your children get to school on time. I cannot stress this enough! Being late causes a disruption not only to your child, but all of the children in the class. PLEASE make sure your children are walking in our doors by 7:42 a.m. so that they are in their classrooms by 7:45 a.m. when our teachers take attendance. All doors will be closing at 7:45. If you arrive after 7:45, please go through the main entrance. Being late causes a disruption not only to your child, but all of the children in the class. The more students are in school, the higher their achievement. Children cannot learn if they are not in school. Just a reminder that family vacations outside of regular school breaks are considered unexcused and teachers are not mandated to give make up work.
- Monitor your children’s school work. If you haven’t already, PLEASE sign up for our Parents. Portal. Directions can be found HERE.
- Reward your children’s efforts for trying their best. Rewarding students for high grades is not as effective as rewarding them for their effort. Children want to make their families proud. The best way to motivate effort is to notice it, praise it, and reward it.
- Discuss how important it is in earning a degree higher than high school. I know your children are only in elementary school, but this should start at a young age. For students to be successful in today’s world, it takes more than a high school diploma. In the 21st century, almost all students need a college or technical degree. Having students set higher education as a target early in their lives will help them set ambitious goals for their academic progress as they proceed through school.
- Finally, be involved! Study after study shows that it may be the top factor leading to student success. We are committed at Beaubien to a partnership with all of our families.
By working together, we can make a difference!
Michelle H. Ludford