Greetings Beaubien Bulldog Families,
I would like to officially welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year! I want to give a special shout out to Jenny Conlon who manages and formats all the announcements that go through the Sunday Updates. She has been serving in this voluntary role for years now and I can’t thank her enough!! ! The Sunday updates are intended for staff, parents and community members.
This school year will surely be one we all will never forget! I am super excited to launch it with our amazing educator team. We have some new faces who will join the team this year.
Kindergarten in room 104- Ms. Flora
3rd Grade in room 106- Ms. Sherve
Learning Behavioral Specialist- Mr. Jares
Art and ESL- Mr. Restrepo
We are sad to see Ms. Sweeney leave K to teach PreK, Ms. Hannah who has decided to resign from CPS and Ms. Shelley who has retired. They will be greatly missed and we wish them all the best.
We are deep into preparing for the start of the year in a remote learning model. This past week we gained clarity on the new guidance for remote learning. CLICK HERE for more information from CPS on remote learning guidelines.
All students will interact with remote learning using the Google Suite, including Google Classroom and Google Meets. This is to ensure the district is able to track student attendance and have a consistent tool across schools. See below for many upcoming parent workshops on these tools and remote learning.
- The real-time live instructional minutes increase. Teachers are developing schedules that will balance live teaching, whole group & small group. All Beaubien teachers will be hosting family meetings on Thursday, September 3rd or Friday, September 4th to review the schedule and answer any questions you may have. Please be sure to check your email for the Google Meet invite from your child’s homeroom teacher.
Here are the minutes:
- Pre-K: 60 minutes of real-time instruction and 90 minutes of learning activities
- K-2: 180 minutes of real-time instruction and 180 minutes of learning activities
- 3-5: 205 minutes minutes of real-time instruction and 155 minutes of learning activities
- 6-8: 230 minutes minutes of real-time instruction and 130 minutes of learning activities
- Specials-We will continue with our regular school schedules for Specials. Students will be receiving 15-30 minutes everyday from one or more of our amazing special teachers.
- Grading and attendance practices will return to the standard practices. Attendance will be taken daily.
Have a great week!
Michelle H. Ludford
In need of childcare? The district released additional guidance on Friday to families and staff in search of childcare support. Please complete this district survey if you are in need of childcare support during remote learning.
Have a wonderful week ahead!
August 26: “Google 2.0” Parents’ Training with CPS @ 3:00pm (see below)
August 27: “Google 101 para principiantes” con CPS @ 10:30am
August 27: “Getting Your Child Ready for Remote Learning” with CPS @ 10:30am
August 27: “Como prepararse para el aprendizaje remoto” con CPS @ 1:00pm
September 1: Virtual Kindergarten Orientation @ 1:00pm
September 4: Supply Pick Up 9-1 and 12-4 on our school playground
September 8: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
September 9: Virtual PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm
September 15: Virtual LSC Meeting @ 6:30pm
September 17: Virtual Beaubien Curriculum Night @ 6:30
Student Supply Pick Up
The team has been working to prepare student supplies for this upcoming year. Supply pick up will be on Friday, September 4th. PLEASE be sure to stop by the school playground from 9-12 or 1-4 to pick up your child’s bag with school textbooks needed for remote learning. If you are in need of a chromebook, please fill out this FORM. We will have one ready for you to pick up at a table near door # 7. If you are unable to make it, you will be able to pick up supplies during school hours the first week of school at door #7. You can also email your child’s homeroom teacher to arrange another time.
Make sure all our students have what they need for a successful year!
Did you know that each year our CPS budget just barely covers the salaries and benefits of our teachers and support staff? We could not operate without additional funding to cover books and instructional materials and school supplies that impact our entire student population. In order to maintain the high quality of education we expect at Beaubien, we rely on mandatory student feeds to help cover additional critical areas of need not accounted for in the budget from CPS.
To Pay Student Fees:
- PLEASE PAY THE $75 School fee here
- Please click “one-time payment” on the page.
- If you do not know your child’s identification number, you can just place zeros in the box.