The purpose of this dress code is to ensure that Beaubien Elementary fosters a learning environment that minimizes distractions and improves the safety of students. We believe achievement is enhanced when children are appropriately dressed at school.
- Garments, jewelry and hair etchings that display or suggest the following are not permitted: sexual, vulgar, drug, gang, weapons, or alcohol wording or graphics.
- Pants, Shorts, Dresses and Skirts must cover undergarments at all times, regardless of movement and must be worn at the waist.
- Tops must cover the entire front and back and should cover all undergarments regardless of movement.
- Shoes shall be worn and be securely fastened to the feet. Footwear must be suitable for outdoor physical education and unsafe shoes such as “flip-flops”, house slippers and shoes with wheels are not allowed.
- Hats may be worn to and from school, and during outdoor recess, but in school, hats should be put away.
- Facial piercings should be removed during physical education and daily recess due to the potential for injury.
- Unless approved by the Principal or sold by the Beaubien PTO, the use of the Beaubien name, mascot, or logo may not be used on articles of clothing.